It’s not easy to keep up with all the different ways to reach new customers, especially with technology still evolving rapidly. Just twenty years ago, the phrase ‘social media marketing’ would’ve fallen on deaf ears, but it’s now a core element of just about every company’s marketing strategy. However, when it comes to sealing the deal at a meeting, business cards remain as relevant as ever.
You need to convey your core business values on your business card, which isn’t easy considering standard cards measure two by 3.5 inches. How can you get your message across with such little space? And, how do you ensure your card stays in somebody’s wallet rather than ends up in a bin?
At Greenlea Print, we create business cards that make an impact because we know they represent the final stage of securing new clients. Our designers are more than happy to work with you to ensure your ideas make it to the drawing board and offer guidance and insight to create cards that work.
However, if you’d like to think about the design of your new business card before contacting our professionals, the following tips will prove invaluable.
Design Business Cards with Clarity and Simplicity in Mind
Avoid making your business card convoluted because it simply won’t get read. Instead, remember these pointers regarding card design, and prioritise clarity above all else:
- Make your logo the focal point. In most cases, your company logo should be the biggest design element on your card.
- Don’t try to tell your life story on the card. Keep things simple.
- Include your essential contact details, which include your name, title, company, phone numbers, address, website, and email.
- Use a typeface that’s easily readable.
- Don’t use too many colours. One or two is fine for most industries.
Once you’re happy with how your business cards appear, it’s important to use them correctly so that they can bring the maximum potential benefit to your company.
Making the Most of Business Cards
Some people only hand out business cards on request, but because they have the ability to make or break a deal, it’s important to know how to use them more wisely than that.
- Always give existing and potential clients more than one card so that they can pass it on to others who may be interested in your services.
- Make sure to include your card in almost all correspondences.
- Always have a few business cards with you, and keep them looking neat and clean.
A Few Modern Design Tips
You don’t necessarily need to stick to cards with standard designs, especially if you work in a creative industry. It’s worth checking with our professionals whether the following tips will work for your industry, but here are some that are worth considering.
- Use four by 7-inch cards that fold like a tiny brochure.
- Have business cards printed in a non-traditional shape. For example, a party planner could consider having cake-shaped cards.
- Use textured paper to make your cards more interesting. Stick to lighter shades that improve readability.
At Greenlea Print, we know all the best tricks and tips to create standout business cards that make an impact, and we’re happy to offer advice as well as listen to your thoughts to exceed your expectations. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you.